Recipes

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Major Milestone Hit!!

 I hope everyone had a great 4th! Our family sure did! Read on to see what happened to me!!
Well it took a bit longer than expected, but I finally lost the first half of my weight loss goal – 20 pounds!!  I weighed myself after Christmas (when I was eating platters instead of plates of food) and I was dismayed. I had actually gained 5 pounds over the holiday. I mean who was I kidding, eating handfuls of peppermint cookies and piles of food onto my plate. Christmas is my favorite time of year for food – all the time-tested family favorites were on display and it’s hard for me to resist.
But now that I'm armed with some interesting food knowledge and working out every day, I can eat a small treat and not feel guilty. I’ve managed to increase my metabolism and can take a day off and still lose ½ a pound. It’s been quite motivating to jump on the scale every morning and see it go down a little bit every day. Some days it’s only 5-6 ounces, but it just makes me work out harder for better results the next morning. I’ve never been on a weight-loss program or diet that actually resulted in me losing weight every day!  A few years ago, I joined a gym and worked my ass off to lose 10 pounds and it took me 6 months!  I just lost that in the last 2 months.
I started an interesting program back in mid-April with my neighbor, Amy Butchko. She is a Holistic Health Practitioner.  Her program of teleseminars included some simple weight loss tidbits and some things I had a hard time understanding, but hey, it worked, so why not? I just wish I had started sooner, I would probably be 40 pounds lighter by now!
Her program, coupled with my clean eating lifestyle has resulted in the following:
·         Very few headaches, compared to daily headaches and 2 migraines a month
·         2 fewer prescriptions
·         Tons more energy
·         Clearer, glowing skin
·         20 lbs lost, 20 more to go
·         Just an overall better outlook and I’m happier!
So, if this sounds like something you’d like to get in on, go to Amy’s website, www.losefatwithamy.com, and watch her free modules. Tell her I sent you!!
And if you’re still on the fence about how to go about clearing out your pantry and eating more whole, clean foods, send me and email at divainpinksd at yahoo dot com, and we can chat about my step-by-step program for eliminating processed foods from your diet.
Happy Healthy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment