Recipes

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week of Feb. 12 - 18

This week poses many challenges for me. I start teaching classes and my husband is going out of town for a couple of days and then I have to get ready for a weekend away with the girls. When my hubby travels, I always lose interest in cooking a full meal for just the kids and myself. So, I'm gonna keep it simple and super kid-friendly this week. But I still want to make a romantic dinner Tuesday night...hmmm...what to make?

Monday  - Chicken with Sun-dried tomatoes and leeks

Tuesday - Romaine Hearts Finger Salad with Balsamic dressing (recipe below), Seared Scallops, Green Beans, Parsnip Puree, Personal Molten Lava Chocolate Cakes (gluten-free)

Wednesday - Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers, Broccoli

Thursday - Dinner out with the girls (Chipotle is a safe bet)

Friday - Pork Tenderloin, Sauteed Zucchini, Quinoa

Saturday - Hubby is on his own as I head out of town...(Woo-to-the-hoo!)

Romaine Lettuce Hearts Finger Salad
  • 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce
  • 1 T pecans, toasted
  • 1 small red pepper
  • 1/4 C Italian cheese, shredded
  • 1 C Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
  1. Separate the leaves of each heart and place them on 2 salad plates.
  2. Sprinkle the top of the lettuce with 1/2 T of the pecans per plate.
  3. Slice the red pepper in half and remove the seeds and core.
  4. Slice each half into half then cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
  5. Place the red pepper hearts on top of both salads.
  6. Top each salad with 1/8 C of the cheese.
  7. Divide the dressing into 2 small bowls.
Serves 2
By placing the dressing on the side you can use your fingers to dip the lettuce and pepper hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment