Recipes

Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Menu Planning Ideas

Many of my friends and followers have asked for a list of meals that we eat. I finally put them down on paper. Perhaps it will help me too when it comes to planning our meals! I've started off with just our Fall dinners because I am trying to eat what is in season and available locally. A lot of the dishes are one-pot meals and savory soups. I've listed the recipe source when necessary, but if you have a question on how I prepare something, don't hesitate to ask. Bon appetit!

Fall Menu Planning Ideas:

Main Dish
Chicken/Shrimp Pad Thai (Food Network.com)
Roast Lemon Chicken in Deep Dish Baker
Chicken Enchiladas
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Chicken Tacos with bell peppers & onions
Pot roast Meatloaf (Jamie Oliver)
Ribolita Soup
Butternut Squash/Apple Soup
Tilapia (Veracruz-style, pan-seared and panko crusted)
Broiled Salmon (Asian style, honey/ginger, mustard/honey sauce)
Seared Sea Scallops
Crab Cakes
Pork Tenderloin
Pork Chops
Garlicky Veg Stir-fry (w/ pork, chicken, shrimp)
Chicken Cassoulet (Foodnetwork.com)
Chili
Beef Stew
Beef & Barley Soup
Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes
Beef Bourguignon (Julia Child’s)
White Chicken Chili (Tosca Reno)
Spaghetti & Meatballs (Family recipe)


Sides
Steamed Broccoli
Roasted Vegetables with herbs and EVOO (carrots, potatoes, parsnips, cauliflower)
Quinoa with grilled zucchini and feta
Steamed green beans
Sautéed Mushrooms
Orzo with Feta
Raw Kale Salad (Mark Bittman)
Braised Kale
Braised Collard Greens
Brown Rice Pilaf
Couscous with veggies
Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Beans & Greens
Roasted Butternut Squash
Sautéed Sweet Bell Peppers

 Until next time...Eat Real Food!





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like regular eating. How did you lose 30 lb on this?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These meals are made with wholesome ingredients, grass-fed beef, pastured chicken, etc...but I also started exercising almost every day, cut back on carbs like chips, bread, cereals, and eat more veggies and protein. I also cut my sugar intake to less than 50 grams a day. I drink only water and limit alcohol. It's a plan that took me a year to get where I am now.

    ReplyDelete