Monday - Chicken with Sun-dried tomatoes and leeks
Tuesday - Romaine Hearts Finger Salad with Balsamic dressing (recipe below), Seared Scallops, Green Beans, Parsnip Puree, Personal Molten Lava Chocolate Cakes (gluten-free)
Wednesday - Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers, Broccoli
Thursday - Dinner out with the girls (Chipotle is a safe bet)
Friday - Pork Tenderloin, Sauteed Zucchini, Quinoa
Saturday - Hubby is on his own as I head out of town...(Woo-to-the-hoo!)
Romaine Lettuce Hearts Finger Salad
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce
- 1 T pecans, toasted
- 1 small red pepper
- 1/4 C Italian cheese, shredded
- 1 C Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- Separate the leaves of each heart and place them on 2 salad plates.
- Sprinkle the top of the lettuce with 1/2 T of the pecans per plate.
- Slice the red pepper in half and remove the seeds and core.
- Slice each half into half then cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Place the red pepper hearts on top of both salads.
- Top each salad with 1/8 C of the cheese.
- Divide the dressing into 2 small bowls.
By placing the dressing on the side you can use your fingers to dip the lettuce and pepper hearts.