Recipes

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 3 = Cheating!

Ok, so I did well this morning. I had 2 eggs, a piece of toast with homemade raspberry jam and milk. However, nothing was organic. I have yet to make it to the grocery store to buy my new rations. Lunch was where I cheated, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I took my girls to Chick-fil-A. Any parent knows that this place rocks for kids. They have real chicken chunks for nuggets, cater to your every whim and the best part - the kids can play while you chat it up with mommy friends. I ate the Chargrilled Chicken Wrap with Fat-free honey mustard. The girls left behind some of their nuggets, so I sampled a few. Cheat!
I did not buy fries - never do. I did not buy ice cream. I buy their Fruit Cup to go with their lunch and they are just as happy!
Another cheat came in the form of a tiny slice of Grand Marnier cake from a neighbor who makes and sells cakes. I was taste-testing. Someones gotta do it! But she knows of my journey to lose this weight, so she truly only brought over a small piece. I was very grateful and thankful for that, 'cause it was SO good!! I would have eaten more if it was front of me. That's my main problem with food. If it's there, I'll eat it. I have NO self-control. I won't buy the bad foods at the grocery store, but if I'm at a party or buffet - watch out! Hmmm, something to work on.
Dinner is going to be a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and some steamed zucchini. Not very advenurous tonight - hubby is getting home late, so I've lost my motivation to cook a big meal. Plus, it's ridiculously hot out and turning on my stove is the last thing I want to do.
One green thing I did today  - bought green cleaners to use in the kitchen and bath. No more chemicals in my cleaning supplies! They work just as well and smell much better. I love the smell of the Green Works Toilet bowl cleaner - smells like mint! I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment