Recipes

Monday, January 2, 2012

Meal Planning - Week 1

2012 is off to a great start for me. I've worked out two mornings in a row and I've planned my meals for the week. Now, more than ever, I have to meal plan or dinner just won't happen. I started a part-time job in November and it's been a seriously tough adjustment on my life. Even working just 20 hours a week has created a need for organization and planning my time wisely. I don't have the luxury of perusing Facebook or Pinterest for hours or even the time to prepare lengthy meals from scratch. However, I can still do the latter with a little bit of preparation.
For example, when I come home from the grocery store, I wash, cut and prep my veggies for their intended meal.
Today's Dinner:
Pork Tenderloin - pan-seared and finished in the oven
Collards Greens - braised in turkey stock from Christmas dinner
Stewed Tomatoes
Hoppin' John - Brown rice, black eyed peas, nitrate-free bacon
Bob's Red Mill Cornbread Mix

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Smoothie - whey protein powder, half frozen banana, flax seeds, gogi berry powder, almond butter, almond milk
Lunch: Leftovers from Monday's dinner
Dinner: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup - carrots, celery and onions are already chopped

Wednesday:
Breakfast: 2 egg omelette, organic baby spinach, homemade salsa
Lunch: Chicken Salad (using leftover chicken)
Dinner: Baked Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower & Brussels Sprouts, Fingerling Potatoes

Thursday:
Breakfast: Steel Cut Oatmeal, raw honey, blueberries
Lunch: Turkey & Avocado pita
Dinner: Tilapia Veracruz - onions, garlic, tomatoes, olives and capers in a wine/fish stock sauce
Broccolini, side of Spinach Salad

Friday:
Homemade Pizza Night - grass-fed ground beef, organic nitrate-free pepperoni

All of the above vegetables have been washed and prepped. When it comes time to cook them, I just toss them in a pan and dinner is ready in no time. All of these meals are ready in under 30 minutes. Take that Rachel Ray!

1 comment: